The Freehold of Arandor is founded among the Empire of Medieval Pursuits as a western European feudal state. It shall emulate 10-14th century Europe (France / Germany / England / Spain etc) as well as being steeped in the myth and legend of the time(Arthurian myth, celtic fae etc). Its borders shall extend from Mount Vernon WA, 50 miles north and south along the kings highway 5, and east to the mountains.
Arandor shall hold itself and its members to a high level of presentation and immersion at events and encampments. These things will also be a factor in advancement within the freehold.
- Garb-Members of the freehold while at an event, practice, or encampment must be presented in a fashion, that at a 5ft distance give the impression they belong to a medieval court, army, or village. We are not a living history group so will not require perfectly authentic clothing, however, we will expect a very convincing aesthetic appearance to allow an outsider to enter our event or camp and feel as though they are in the 10th-14th century.
- Armor-All armor made of anything other then period like materials(metal/leather) must be covered and not openly displayed. No plastic armor is to be visible.
- Encampment-Modern tents will not be allowed under the banner of the Freehold. Non period cooking and storage units must remain inside personal tents, or be well disguised within the encampment.
Lesser ranks of the Freehold of Arandor will be determined by ones ability to serve the freehold, and minimum garb/equipment requirements of the rank.
- Freeman/woman-New members of the freehold have 2 months to obtain basic pants/skirt, tunic/shirt, and proper footwear for their persona.
- Men at Arms-Must meet the requirements of a Freeman, as well as obtain enough armor to meet minimum EMP armor standards, a tabard of the freeholds colors, and a gambeson.
- Journeyman-Must meet the requirements of a freeman, as well as obtain the basic tools needed to perform the art or craft that they practice.
- Captain-Must meet the requirements of a Man at Arms and display themselves as capable battlefield leaders. Further they must have their own EMP sanctioned weapons, a proper Tent, and courtly garb. Appointed by the Lords council which pertains to this rank in a 2/3 vote(Lord, Marshal, and Warden)
- Master-Must meet the requirements of a Journeyman, and be training others in the art to which they practice. Further they must have a proper tent, and courtly garb. Appointed by the Lords council which pertains to this rank in a 2/3 vote(Lord, Chancellor, and Seneschal)
Greater ranks of the Freehold of Arandor at this time will only contain the Feudal lord/lady and their council. As Arandor expands we will be granted the ability to form orders and higher honors.
- Seneschal-The Seneschal is responsible for event planning, organization, and seeing to the needs of artisans, craftsmen, musicians, and entertainers of the realm. They may also be called upon to aid in inter realm relations and general management of the Freehold.
- Seneschals are elected by the citizens of Arandor. Every 6 months, any wishing to hold the position of Seneschal may submit their intent and an election shall be held. If no challenger should arise, no election is necessary. A seneschal may be replaced by a vote of no confidence among the Lords Council, a 3/4 vote is required.
- Warden-The Warden is responsible for equipping the Men at Arms of the freehold. The Warden will aid others in construction, finding gear to purchase, how to maintain and repair it. The Warden will also be responsible for safety on the field of battle and making sure all arms and armor comply with EMP regulations.
- Wardens are elected by the citizens of Arandor. Every 6 months, any wishing to hold the position of Warden may submit their intent and an election shall be held. If no challenger should arise, no election is necessary. A warden may be replaced by a vote of no confidence among the Lords Council, a 3/4 vote is required.
- Chancellor-The right hand of their Lord in matters of state. They are responsible for cross realm relations, interactions with the Empire, event planning, and the growth of the freeholds artisans and crafters. The Chancellor is eligible to be named their Lords Second.
- Chancellor's are appointed by Arandor's Lord, and may only be removed by the Lord or replaced after resignation.
- Marshal-The right hand of their Lord in matters of war. The Marshal is responsible for mustering the army of the Freehold and the training of the Men at Arms. The Marshal may be named their Lords Second
- Marshal's are appointed by the Arandor's Lord, and may only be removed by the Lord or replaced after resignation.
- Lords Second-An honorary title presented to an eligible councilor of the Lords choosing, they are granted the privilege to act in their Lords sted if absent at council.
- Lord/Lady-The Lords duty is to protect the interests of Arandor and promote its prosperity within the empire. They are to cultivate a strong military and artistic culture within Arandor. They have final say in the day to day dealings within Arandor, and are the deciding vote in the Lords Council.
- Should the Lord/Lady wish to step down it is their right to name their Heir to assume the throne of Arandor. Should the people wish to remove their Lord or do not agree with their Lord's appointment, they may rebel. A vote must be taken among the citizens of Arandor, if 40% or more vote to rebel, a battle day will be determined. Those wishing to support a rebel lord will do battle with the justly appointed lord. The winner of the battle shall become the new Lawful Lord of the Freehold of Arandor. A rebellion may only occur once every 3 months.
Lords Council is to help advise the Lord of Arandor and ensure all aspects of the Freehold are represented to the Lord. Further only the Council as a whole may amend or change the charter of the Free Hold of Arandor. This must be done with a 3/5 vote in the council.